Sunday, July 19, 2009

Deer Creek

As i was driving down the canyon the other day I was just in awe at all the beautiful scenery that surrounded me and at that very instance I decided that I was going to bring my family up on Saturday and so, I did! I think we had the most fun up at deer creek together as a family then we have had in a long time! The kids were able to kayak, jet ski, and float on the lake and just enjoy one another and enjoy a day outside.

Dakota really enjoyed kayaking with his cousin, he is a real pro at it and it has now become his passion in life! Such a dreamer that boy is!! Love it!!!
madison, playing in the sand, taking a break from the water! She was a real trooper dragging her mom and Aunt kathy all over the lake on our floaties! We didn't want to touch the bottom and she made sure we didn't have to get off the raft until we reached the dock!! Thanks honey!!!

Shelby and her cousin Nichole made a very creative river between the sand and the rocks! They had so much fun with all the sand!

It was kind of hard to get on the jet ski as you can see Madison struggling! But once you were on, watch out! Jordan was the driver! Hold on for dear life!!!


Jordan was in heaven on this jet ski!! He has always wanted to do this and i just loved seeing him smile from ear to ear and he gave all the kids rides around the lake!!


Dakota and Alex gave us a big scare! We had them row to the dock to return the kayak, and when they didn't return, we went on a rescue mission to find them and they were no where in sight! I started to panic and we asked around and no one had seen them. I paced the shore looking for them and fearing the worst. Finally, Kathy spotted them back at our camp spot! Holy cow, I'm still recovering from that one!!!

Dakota holding on for dear life!! He really had fun with his brother and they both enjoyed spending some quality time together!

Madi relaxing on her floatie

The girls stayed out in the water for hours! Thank heavens for sun screen!! I was so busy making sure everyone else was covered that i forgot myself and being 102 degrees on Sat, I'm sure you can picture what i look like after being on the water for 7 hours..
We all had a great time and it was fun spending time with family! Madison got sick right before we left for home with a high fever and a sore throat. She has been VERY sick all day today so, we are off to the doctors on Monday!

4 comments:

Pyatt said...

That does look so fun!! Those are the kind of memories they will talk about forever!

Becca B said...

Looks like it was so much fun! Family time is priceless.

karen louise said...

I totally should have come with you!! That looks like it was soooo much fun!!! I hope Madi recovers!!

Julie said...

Wish we could have come. Hey where is a picture of you? Looks like you all had so much fun, and Jordan looked like he was in heaven. How fun!