Monday, February 16, 2009

Tough Times

It seems as though so many people are struggling these days and most of the problems start with money. John lost his job last week and although we weren't shocked with all the lay offs we hear about every day to big companies. John is the type of guy that has a great personality and tends to see things in a positive way and then there's me who freaks out!! There are so many people out of work today, I just hope he can find a new job and totally we can wake up from this nightmare!! I guess we can call it a learning experience and learn from it. If you hear of any jobs in the Electronic Technician field let us know!!
P.S The song is for my Mom and Sisters! LOL!!

7 comments:

Jana Whetton said...

I am so sorry Joni and will keep your family in our prayers. If I hear of anything I will let you know. Take care and see you in two weeks!

Joni said...

Can't wait Jana!!!

Pyatt said...

Joni--I'm sorry...it is rough and I'm like you too...I freak out but my husband is always optimistic. Things always manage to work out and with a personality like that....he's bound to find something soon!! We'll be praying for that too!

Julie said...

Love that song! Love the picture too. Wish I could just reach through that picture and grab some. Hope John finds a new job soon. He will.

Lynda said...

I know that with John's personality and strong desire to provide for his family, something will open up. Our prayers are with you, as we completely understand and share your experience right now. Hang on!

karen louise said...

I'm soooo sorry! I had no idea! I'm just here in my own little world and just haven't paid attention to anyone around me!! I'm sorry! Something will turn up, I know it! Good times are just around the corner!!

BTW, I LOVED THE MAMMA MIA SONG!!! I laughed my head off :)

Shelley said...

That is really bad news. It is so scary that any of us could lose our jobs at any time. John is the type of guy who can find another one, though, with his enthusiasm and upbeat attitude. I am sure things will work out. Maybe he should get a job up here on Base and then you can move up by me :-) Hang in there, and we will keep our eyes open for possibilities.