Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What, a Teenage driver?

I took Jordan driving for the first time today! Wow that was really scary! I wish they would put brake pedals on the passenger side! We did go over one mound of snow and almost hit a car in the parking lot and we are both still alive!!! Now i know how my parents felt when i first started! Scared to death!!! I found a funny story about driving.... Enjoy!

There was this car that was driving very slowly down the highway. A State Trooper pulls it over. "What have I done wrong, officer?" the driver asks. "You are going 26mph on a major highway. There is a law against that," the officer says to the driver. "You must go at least 50mph." "But when I turned on the highway, the sign said 26!" the driver replies. "HA HA HA!" The officer laughs out loud. "That is because this is Interstate 26! The 26 isn't the speed limit!" The driver leans back in her car seat and the cop sees another woman sitting beside her. She looked as pale as a ghost."What happened to her?" the officer asks."I don't know, but she has been that way ever since we got off of interstate 160."

6 comments:

Julie said...

I know how you feel. We have got to figure out how to put a break pedal on the passenger side. I have an imaginary one that I use every time I drive with our teenagers, but it wont slow down the car when we are about to crash into another car that is stopped at a red light. Yikes!!!!!!!! That is a funny story.

Lynda said...

Good luck, Jordan! And good luck, Joni and John. The driving ed stage is scary, but if you get through the first year without an accident, you're set!!

Missy said...

Congrats Joni! Sound like fun....haha!

Shorty said...

Well, Joni and Jordan picked me up to go for a ride with Jordan driving; we cruised the church parking lot and didn't hit a single car. Maybe cause there were no cars there! He did pretty good for his first time though! Boy, am I glad I'm not doing that anymore (riding with my teenage kids learning to drive)!!! That's how I got all my grey hair!!! So, Joni and Julie will get even greyer!~~

Shorty said...

Well, Joni and Jordan picked me up to go for a ride with Jordan driving; we cruised the church parking lot and didn't hit a single car. Maybe cause there were no cars there! He did pretty good for his first time though! Boy, am I glad I'm not doing that anymore (riding with my teenage kids learning to drive)!!! That's how I got all my grey hair!!! So, Joni and Julie will get even greyer!~~

karen louise said...

This is insane!! I can't believe Jordan is driving!! Holy Cow!!! Wow...good luck with that....;)