Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sacred Grove

"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. . . . When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other–This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" (Joseph Smith–History 1:16-17).

I remember many years ago as a high school student, traveling to Palmyra with the Acappella group and stopping at the sacred grove. I remember it as if it were yesterday. we gathered in a circle , held hands and sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer". I remember not one of us having a dry eye,we were all over come with emotion! That was the time that I first knew the church was true. I have longed to return to that sacred place and to feel those amazing things that i felt that day. I would love to travel there with my husband and our children, To let them see what I saw and feel what I felt! What a wonderful opportunity it was for me and memories i shall never forget.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow! what a beautiful post - and gorgeous background. Thank you for sharing your testimony. I hope you are feeling better!?

Missy said...

I love your background too! It reminds me of summer.

I would love to go to the Sacred Grove! How wonderful to have that memory to draw on when needed. Feel better and call me if you need me!

karen louise said...

I wish I could go there....maybe someday we can all travel there-it would be awesome!

I hope you are feeling better soon and that things go ok tomorrow!!!

Shane's Angie said...

I've dreamed of visiting there someday! How lucky you got to do it at such a young age! Thanks for your testimony! I sure hope you are feeling better and your tests go well!

Shorty said...

Someday we all need to travel back there and see the Sacred Grove together as a family. Wow, that would be so awesome!!
Hey, want me to bring you another cheeseburger????