Thursday, January 14, 2010

From Orange to Blue...

Madi and i took a trip to Primary Children's Hospital today. She was so excited to get that big Orange cast off! Little did we both know how horrible the day would turn out to be.
It took about 20 minutes to get the cast off. Madi was so scared the cutter was going to cut her! I had a hard time watching, but this was the easy part!!

She has lost quiet a lot of muscle and her leg was a lot smaller then the other one and had severely dry skin that had been bleeding.. The bottom part of her leg has lost blood flow and they decided at this point they needed to reset her leg in another direction. So, without any pain meds they continued to re-set her leg, and it took about an hour to get it to where they wanted.. Madi was in so much pain and I was having a heck of a time watching and hearing this. They ended up having her lay on her tummy and casting her that way.. The expression on her face below shows her pain and is a completely different face of the madi before the re setting..


We stayed there for some time as she couldn't move an inch without a great deal of pain. She is home and resting. In the next few day's they want her to start putting some weight on her leg to help bring in some blood flow. Madison, you are a trooper! Love you sweetie:)

5 comments:

Becca B said...

aaaaah! I was sharing this all with David, and he's commiserating with Madi. He broke his tibia, fibula AND femur when he was 11. And he was sharing his cast woes with me. I'm so sorry it was an awful day! I like the blue half-cast. :)

Julie said...

Oh Madi, seeing you crying in that picture made me cry for you. You look in so much pain. Hope you are feeling better. Love you. I like the blue cast. Thinking of you. Love, Aunt Julie

Lynda said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry! This is awful. Poor Madi!

karen louise said...

Oh Madi!! Poor Madi!! You have really had a heck of a few months...all of you. I hope she gets feeling better soooon! :) Loves and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I say that girl has been through it! All this just stinks...it will make for a great story later on in life.