Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trials

I have several Friends and Family members going through some very hard trials right now and I came across this wonderful article and wanted to share it with all of you who are hurting right now! I hope that as you read you will feel some hope and understand the trials you are going through! I love you all!!

"One of life’s most commonly asked questions is, "Why does God allow His children to go through difficult, trying, painful times in life?" We recognize that God is all-powerful and could prevent these trials if He chose to do so. Yet, He often does not. Therefore, there must be some purpose for them, some divine reason for not sparing us these hardships. Once we begin to understand God’s purpose for these things, we will be able to stand strong through any storm of life.

1.We must be persuaded that God is in control of the timing and intensity of our trials.
2.We must realize that God has a specific purpose for each trial in life.
3.We must understand that each trial is designed to meet a specific need that God sees in our lives.
4.We must accept that each trial is going to result in our own good if we respond in faith.
5.We must discover how each trial can strengthen our faith by proving that we can depend on the Lord for all of our needs.
6.We must rejoice in that each trial is an opportunity for God to demonstrate His power to sustain us under tremendous pressure.
7We must submit ourselves to the development of Christ-like character that results from our trials.
8.We must take advantage of our trials’ usefulness in measuring our spiritual growth. For example, we may realize that we are capable of handling a powerful hardship that would have crippled us only a year or two ago. This is because our continuing trials have taught us that God will indeed empower us to prevail.
9.We must be convinced that God will walk us through every step of the trial(Hebrews 13:5).
10.We must have faith that by His grace and the enabling power of the Holy Spirit, we will not only survive, but we will also conquer over each trial.


If you are a child of God, you have the means by which to stand firm in the face of any trial. Trust that God has a reason for your sufferings, and submit yourself to whatever He desires to teach you. The road may be rocky, but a wise response will lead you into the joy He has promised."

6 comments:

Jana Whetton said...

Thanks Joni we needed to hear that. You are always so thoughtful.
What would we do with out family and friends?
Love ya

Julie said...

Wonderful post Joni. I love ya tons and I will remember this post.

Lynda said...

I love this, Joni. Thank you so much, I really needed it. I hope you have a wonderful trip, and get some needed rest.

Anonymous said...

What a good reminder for us all. Where did you find that, so I can print it and put it up all over my house? ;-)

Bee Bee said...

excellent - Thanks so much... such great timing for me. I love you!

karen louise said...

Thanks, Joni! It seems like I always learn from my trials--it's just hard to see that during them! :) I loved this post!