Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference and the Alpine Loop


This weekend we had the opportunity to hear from the prophet, apostles and Church leaders! Saturday morning session i spent watching it in our hotel room in park city with Shari, Cindy and Alicia. It was nice to be with kind loving friends while listening to the wonderful talks given.
The afternoon session i watched with my family and it was just as amazing. Sunday we made sure everyone was up dressed and ready for 2 wonderful sessions that we would watch together. President Monson's talk was a good one for me to hear! " Have I done any good in the world today?" I want that to be my new motto. If you look up and down your street you can see so many people that are in need of a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, a meal to be brought in, children to care for. There are plenty of opportunities for us to provide service to others! We need to do more giving and less taking. Elder Holland gave an amazing Testimony of the truth fullness of the book of Mormon. Very powerful talk. Elder Scott talked about listening to the whispering of the spirit and how the trash of modern day life can guide the spirit away. It was an amazing 2 days of joy as we sat as a family and listened to the words of our leaders!
During the break we took a drive around the Alpine Loop, It was raining as we started up the road to sundance. Jordan asked if he could drive, he needs 20 hours on the road so he can take his drivers test. As we started up the winding road past sundance, the weather was changing from rain to sleet and hail. Jordan was determined to drive clear to American Fork. I was about to have a heart attack at every switch back!!! When it started to snow i asked if he wanted me to take over and he said" Mom, I am driving very slowly and i think I can make it" I have to say he did a great job even though the weather was difficult. We arrived safely at home 5 minutes before the second session.

We had a great weekend together as a family and we are ready for another great week!

3 comments:

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. I cannot believe he is driving! Crazy! But I'm sure he is super excited. Now you got me in the mood for a drive to look at the beautiful scenery!

Lynda said...

Joni, I thought "have I done any good in the world today" WAS your motto. You certainly have lifted my heart numerous times! I'm so glad you had fun with "the girls" and enjoyed Conference. It was awesome!

karen louise said...

You are so right, conference was great! You are such a great mom, Joni...always trying hard for your little family and being a light for them :)