Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A 9 Year Journey!


After 9 Years of watching Biggest Looser, I find it amazing how many lives have been changed not only on the show but for those of us that watch it. I was on Facebook yesterday and I could not believe how many people were so excited to watch it last night. I know I have Blogged about this before but, for some reason last nights episode made me realize why I have been over weight my entire life, and here it is.... I've always felt like i have let people down because of my weight, sounds weird but, when you go through life feeling like you don't deserve love from anyone because you are over weight is a life long struggle for me and not feeling like i fit in anywhere has been difficult. It was easier to hide behind my food then to fix my problem. I thought about this for a long time last night and I wondered why my weight lose program is so different this time, why I am so determined, and then I realized the difference is, that I'm doing it for myself this time. I have had a huge awakening this past year with my health and I have chosen to change my way of living, to become physically, Emotionally and mentally strong.
Lately I have had a few women ask "When do you find the time to take care of you?" My answer is... I don't let anything get in my way! I need 2 hours a day to exercises, and track my food. I've had to say NO more often, I go to bed early so that i am rested for the next day, I'm totally focused!! It has to be the right time for YOU! I have spent so much money on my stupid diet fads, money I will never see, but now I KNOW that my life is worth so much more then money!
I am so grateful to all the contestants on The Biggest Looser, for their stories that inspire me for the trainers and all of the advice they have given. I would not be this determined without this show and now I know I can do this! I'm doing this for me:) I'm grateful for the loving support of my husband and my children, for the times when they push me, for when they eat Ice cream after I go to bed! So, for those of you that are struggling, find out whats holding you back and move forward, whether it's with weight or any other trial, You can do it!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Thanks, Joni. Your post is so inspiring; just what I need to hear. What is most amazing to me is that you have been doing all this while in the midst of crazy trials and struggles - the time when most of us (me) give ourselves excuses to not exercise or watch what we are eating. Is there a way to send your story and post to Biggest Loser? I think they would love to hear about you.

karen louise said...

You are so inspiring Joni!! I have watched you the past while and you are doing sooo awesome! When I give in, you push forward and say "No!" and "Don't do it, Karen!"...I've learned a ton from you, and I'm going to get my butt in gear like you are!!

JesseandJessieZawalski said...

I'm so proud of you Joni. You are amazing and it takes a lot of determination. I'm sure your family is so proud of you and most important you can be proud of yourself. I am so happy you are happy.