Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scera Park Singers Alumni

It's very hard to really see these pictures but I decided to post them anyway. A very special surprise was planned for Ms. Greaves the 6Th grade teacher. She has been teaching for 40 years and she started a school choir back in the late 70's called the Scera Park Singers. All who could come on Friday were invited to come sing for her a few of the songs she taught us. She had no idea and when they opened the curtains and we were all standing there the look on her face was priceless! We had her lead us and it was if we went back in time!!
Jennie, Steve and I were great friends from Elementary through High School! One of Madi's best buds is Steve's son!

Here we are again with Patti Greaves! The best teacher there ever was!! She was an inspiration to all of us, and especially us who enjoyed singing, she gave us the courage to use our voices!


Madi was taking pictures from the very back of the gym so they are way blurry. It's funny how nervous we were! It was just like old times!



We had a great time, I enjoyed seeing people i hadn't seen since 6Th Grade! Channel 2 news and ABC 4 news were there and aired that night and Dak, Shelby ,Madi and I could be seen! John, Jordan, Madison and I have all had Patti! I told her she could not retire until Dak and Shelby made it through her class. Thank you Patti for all you have done for our family! We love you!

1 comment:

karen louise said...

Danget, I wish I would have been able to come! :(