Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Forgiving"

D&C 82:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, my servants, that inasmuch as you have Forgiven one another your trespasses, even so I, the Lord, forgive you.

We are all so blessed to have the atonement in our lives! Jesus payed the price for all our sins with no questions asked. I find it so amazing that he is so willing to forgive us so easily yet it is so hard for us to forgive others! I think as part of the letting him into My life I need to focus on forgiving others and to let those people back into my life with open arms, Love and compassion. We must be able to give forgiveness and also to receive forgiveness.

"Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime,

Therefore, we are saved by hope.

Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history;

Therefore, we are saved by faith.

Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone.

Therefore, we are saved by love.

No virtuous act is quite a virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own;

Therefore, we are saved by the final form of love which is forgiveness." Reinhold Niebuhr

5 comments:

Julie said...

I agree. We can never be happy until we do forgive one another. So I forgive you for giving me the flu. Ha Ha! I feel better now. How do you feel?

Angie said...

That is beautiful. I think forgiveness is so essentail in life even though it is hard to do sometimes. Love your post!!!

Lynda said...

Joni, this is wonderful, and just what I needed to hear today! Thank you!

Missy said...

Where are Joni? I miss your posts. Merry Christmas!

Marlene said...

Joni, I linked over from Kristens Blog, haven't seen you in a long time-- I'm glad I came. I'm very touched by your choice of posts for the holiday season, I've been too wrapped up in the material and it was great to be grounded again by the spiritual thanks!