Sunday, December 28, 2008

Memories




There are only two years of Elementary that i remember quite vividly and that is 4Th and 5Th grade. I had two wonderful teachers, and in fact my fifth grade teacher Ms. Greaves, still teaches at Scera Park and has also had my son Jordan. As I was sitting in church today i looked across our row and i had to take a double look because there sat my 4Th grade teacher Ms. Satori! Wow, could it really be her?? It was! I was flooded with fun memories of her and the impression she left on me! I had so much fun in her class. She was not only a great teacher she was my friend! She would take us to her house for ice cream parties and she also came to a lot of my softball games! She had this huge snake in our class and it freaked me out but, she was very careful not to scare me with it or let the other kids tease me because i was afraid!! She was always there for me when the other children would tease me because i was chubby! I have never ever forgotten her! We both left an impression on each other as she has not forgotten me either. Teachers have the ability to not only teach the children but to help them feel better about themselves! So, to all you teachers out there, You are all wonderful. amazing and cherished!

3 comments:

Julie said...

It's always so cool when you see an old teacher that you loved and they remember you. That is so cool that you have those memories. All I remember is one thing from 1st and 3rd grade and it was terrible then my 4th grade teacher was awesome and he is the one that remembered me. 5th and 6th were a blur, but I remember a few things. Don't you wish you could just watch a video from all the years of grade school so you can remember.

karen louise said...

That is awesome that you saw your teacher at your ward!! Why was she there? I only hope my 5th and 4th graders remember me....;) We had a ton of fun memories of teachers from Scera Park, huh?

Jana Whetton said...

Hey Joni how's it going? So now what are you going to start for the new year of tagging huh...huh..
I loved reading about all of your Let Him In and you always make me laugh! SO now its scrapin crapin time and you guys need to figure out a time! Shell's stress should be mostly over Jan 16th so after that we can PARTY!!
I got CS4 for Christmas! I beat Shell and can't wait to start using it!
Merry Christmas! (late)