Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the season to be GRUMPY!


OK, I go to the dollar store the other night and I'm at the checkout with my Mom and Sister Karen. While my mother is paying for her stuff i say: Karen i really like the wrapping paper gift idea. This little old lady turns and looks at me like I just said something horrible and, as she is walking away Say's " Well aren't you perfect!" I was so stunned i asked her what her problem was and just laughed with my sister.. Well, the lady comes back and i say " I wasn't talking to you or about you" she Say's " Oh sure you weren't" By this time i was getting really mad ! As i walked past her i said Something rude and she said to my sister " mind your own damn business" As we left the store with our jaws hanging opened I said, I guess I wasn't very Christlike! To let Christ in I need to be more like him and realize this lady obviously had a problem and I could have helped her instead of getting mad at her! So, I have learned my lesson this week!

9 comments:

Angie said...

That was actually so funny I laughed my head off when you told me! But... it would be ackward to be in that kind of situation who knows what I would have said to her. But I guess you can only learn from those experiences:)!

Angie said...

Ok I just read the carton with the two old ladies and I loved it! That is so FUNNY!!! Where did you find it? LOVE IT!!!

Julie said...

I heard it snore 3 times. Ha Ha! That was a funny picture and I laughed my head off at the dollar store experience. That was funny. I guess it's good to look at people more closely and try to understand them so we can maybe help them and make things brighter for both people involved. Well, arn't you perfect!!! Ha Ha!

Lori said...

Joni....maybe she just really didn't like the wrapping paper idea....HA! Karen told me and I laughed my head off. I really wonder what she heard. This is why we get hearing aids to keep in touch with reality. Thanks for the share this was great. Love the cartoon!

Shane's Angie said...

I had a similar experience when I went to see the movie Twilight with Shane. I had a lady sitting next to me that would turn and give me really dirty looks if I laughed or gasped during any of the scenes. I mean, who didn't jump a few times in that movie? I wasn't even talking or anything, just laughing and reacting to the movie, apparently she didn't think that was appropriate behavior. She should have been there when I went the second time with my girl friends and we all whooped and hollered at everything!

Jana Whetton said...

Ha ha Joni...you always make me laugh. But the thing that would of made my Christmas was to see the faces of you three! I would of laughed so hard that she would of hit me! You should of said "put a cold rag on it"! lol

karen louise said...

I could't wait to read this post!!! That was the funniest thing alive!!!!! Lol!!!! I can still see her grumpy face!!!

karen louise said...

LOL!! The cartoon is hilarious! Where on earth did you find it? It looks just like that lady, too!

Shorty said...

That picture is soooo funny!!
Well, I'm still trying to figure out what that lady at the $ store was upset about. I really think because she had on hearing aid, she heard something completely different than what you said to Karen. It had to be something like, " Wow you are really a grumpy old lady and not too good looking today!" I laugh everytime I think about it!!!!!