Thursday, October 23, 2008

Japanese Exchange student!


Ryo (pronounced YO) i know, we've had a lot of fun with his name!! He arrived on Tuesday night and we took him to Madison's party at Doc's pizza! I think he was overwhelmed with my family, jet lag and a new place! He is so sweet to us! He brought us all gifts from Japan and even A birthday present for Madison! I'm sure it is so hard for him to come to America for the first time without their parents and knowing very little English. His Father has called me several times and each time i assure him i will take very good care of his son. His mother was so worried about him having clean clothes so i wash things for him daily! Our kids love him to death and i think smother him, but he seems to like it! Madi and he have been playing soccer and he is teaching her some new tricks!

4 comments:

Missy said...

How FUN!!! It would be scary to be in a foreign country without any family of friends. It probably would have been exciting for me when I was a teenager, but now I'm all old and practical.....DARNIT!!!

karen louise said...

I think you are awesome to do this as a family....I wish we would have done that when we were younger...but I guess adding a 10th child would have been way too challenging! Your kids will always always remember this!!!!!

Julie said...

He looks like he fits right in. You should have a fun week and I think he will have a blast!

Jana Whetton said...

I did not know that you were doing this! How fun...I guess you don't know what to do over there unless the house is full! Member to teach him to put a cold rag on it ha ha so when he goes home he has learned something new!