Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude day 12

I am so grateful for my husband who has been working so hard these past few weeks. He has been getting up early (He doesn't get home from work until 12 or 1 in the morning.)
And helps me get the kids ready for school and I off to work. He has been going with the kids on field trips and just being there for the kids! Sometimes it gets hard when all you do is work and take care of your kids, and we forget about us! We have been trying to go out on date once a week and that is helping us reconnect as husband and wife. Thank you John for all you do! I love you!

6 comments:

Missy said...

What a good idea! Matt and I need to do that more.

Pyatt said...

Amen sistah!! That date night is the first thing to go when life gets busy but it is one of the most important!! Thanks for the reminder!!

karen louise said...

I've noticed that you guys are doing stuff more...just from what you talk about...I think that is the key for a good life together

Julie said...

Keep up the dates. Things seem to be going better for you two. Hope it continues. John is a really good guy.

Anonymous said...

Way to go woman! Dates are super important in a relationship. When we go on dates we try not to talk about the kids, so that in 20 years when they are all out of the house we still feel like we can talk to each other. But we are not consistant date goers!

Shorty said...

Glad you are doing the date thing. I don't think that in all the 47 years of marriage that we have missed a date night; unless it was the times when I was in the hospital having our babies! Dates are so important to keep your love growing and keep your marriage like it was when you first fell in love. We sure do love John and are so glad he found our beautiful daughter!