Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude day 18

Today I am grateful for feelings. Let me explain, as i watched biggest looser last night and cried like a baby, I realized that crying releases something from within myself and in a way makes me feel better. As I watch the stories of these people trying to loose weight, I can so relate with them and the trials they have to endure being overweight. As i watched each one of them get on the big scale i found myself wanting them to meet their goal and when they did I was excited, but when they fell short i was saddened. I know you may think this is just another reality show but, for me it is real with a real problem that faces our country every day! I feel a lot of things when I watch that show, Happiness, sadness, disappointment, excitement, and even loneliness. For those of you who have not seen the show it is on Tuesdays at 7 on channel 5.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

I have to agree with you, The Biggest Loser is a very inspiring show. Wish I had what it takes to exercise 4-6 hours a day!! It looks awfully painful, doesn't it? But I would sure love the results! . . . so I am now headed down for 30 minutes on the elliptical [don't scoff!].

Angie said...

I totally agree with you! I went over to your mom's to watch it sice I forgot to record it. But it does make you want to be better!

Missy said...

I've heard tons about the show but I have never seen it myself. I'll have to remember to watch it this Tuesday!

Shorty said...

That is my favorite show; can't ever miss it; you get so involved with each of the contestants and just want them to win Biggest Looser so bad. it totally inspires me; i walked on the treadmill for 45 min before I watched it last night. Everytime I exercise, I keep saying, if they can exercise for 6 hrs. a day , surely I can do 45 a day. I'm glad a few of us are doing our own Biggest Looser! although I'm not doing too good; I keep gaining the same 2 pounds back!! And, thanksgiving and Christmas will really pack on the weight with me cause I love treats too much!!!!!!! It's too bad you don't get an electric shock everytime you put chocolate in your mouth!!